Thursday, October 18, 2007

Story # 16

I’m a compulsive shopper, and I’m in way more debt than my husband knows. His name is on a few accounts, so he’s got the debt too.

Ever since I was a teenager I’ve bought things on a whim. It’s not just clothes. It’s everything from books to movies to electronics to shoes and purses to lingerie and everything in between. If I see it and like it, it’s mine.

I have used credit cards to pay off other credit cards. I have transferred funds from our savings to my checking account so I could cover what I had already spent on a pretty new watch.

I take care of all the bills, so my husband has no idea we’re in about $30,000 of credit card debt. If I told him, I’m sure he’d flip out on me and probably leave me. I know it’s a problem, and I still purchase everything I want.

No comments: