Thursday, October 11, 2007

New Story!

I’m an accomplished songwriter, and nobody in my family knows it. They all think that I work my office job and get bonuses for good work, which is true. But, in my free time I do what I’ve always wanted to do, write.

I’ve gotten three songs copyrighted in the last year and one of them sold three weeks ago. I also started writing a book based on a true story this year. It’s going to be a novel about a woman who has the worst 3 months of her life.

Nobody knows I’ve started that or that I have full intentions of getting it published. Of course I’d use a pen name so they think it’s a coincidence, but I’d never admit I wrote it if someone asked.

I absolutely love to be creative, but I just can’t share my work with anyone. I feel so vulnerable showing my work to someone for criticism. It’s easier to just pass it off to someone unknown to publish it or copyright it than to have a family member see it or even compliment me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow.
That's amazing.
:)

Unknown said...

I am a writer too, and while I don't go that far, I understand. I can show my work to a thousand strangers, but could never bear to show it to my husband or mom.

Anonymous said...

Great work.