Thursday, November 8, 2007

Thursday Story

A few years ago someone thought it would be funny to go around stealing windshield wipers off people's cars in my area. I was one of the victims.

The problem with a prank like that is that nobody notices windshield wipers, or the lack thereof, until they turn them on.

I turned mine on in the morning one day to get the condensation off my windshield and noticed there were no blades, just the arms, running against my windshield.

Luckily, I was able to get mine fixed before the rain began. But others weren't so lucky. At least four people had gotten into accidents, one seriously injured, because of their missing wipers.

I found out later who stole the wipers off people's cars, but I can't turn him in. He's a family member. I secretly hope someone else finds out and he gets caught and goes to jail, because that was a f***ed up thing to do.

No comments: