Thursday, September 27, 2007

Another Story

I live in a very typical small town - the kind of town where everyone knows you and your business. I have a 12-year-old son and a husband. I am involved in the PTA and volunteer at the local Head Start.

If you were to ask anyone in this town where I work, they would be able to tell you. I work part time in the local dry cleaners. But, only a handful of people know what I actually do for a living.

I work as a phone sex operator and I really enjoy it! My husband is very supportive, and of course my son doesn't know. We have a home office, and this is where I take calls on the days that I do not work my "vanilla job". I also take calls in the evening once my son is in bed for the night.

I am not sure what would happen if my secret were to get out. But I am pretty sure I would go from "upstanding community helper" to "deviant". So, it stays a secret. Even my boss at the dry cleaners has no idea.

My phone sex job is profitable and fun. I can work in the privacy of my home, instead of commuting an hour each way to the "City". I can set my own schedule. And, since I work for a European company, I get to talk to lots of interesting people.

My only regret is that I did not discover this business sooner. I have only been a phone sex operator for a year. I can see myself continuing to do this until retirement age.

No comments: